We are good at rescuing and rehabilitating dogs, but not so technically savy. We need volunteers to help with website, expanding our web and Facebook presence, and creating online media to share our rescue and rehabilitation efforts with people.
Social Networking Representative
Will work mostly with the fundraising and events committee to help spread the word about upcoming events. Must have computer access daily and be very computer savvy. Must know how to use Facebook and create events, and will be in charge of creating events using our web software and posting events to our website. This position would also entail notifying local radio stations and television stations for our bigger events.
Each week many potential adopters look for Airedales on ATRA's website. Web Team members maintain the online list of animals available for adoption by uploading digital photos taken of the animals by the Coordinators or volunteers that care for them. They inhance and proofread copy submited by the Coordinator and make the bios fun, enticing and blurbs about each animal to describe the animal's personality and needs.
Must have computer access daily and be very computer savvy. Publish articles work with the Newsletter team, Social Outreach team and voluteers for content. Coordinate and publish stories about sucessful adoptions, news and events to raise money for our Airedales. Post Events including sponsor pages, auction items event directions and setup registration pages.
Volunteers must have good writing skills, computer skills and have a working knowledge of digital photography.
Assist in the development of programs to increase donations and awareness of ATRA and it's mission. Looking for people to help with:
- Web Design and keeping content current
- Quick response to requests for posting content
- Web and database updating (will provide training)
- Work with Community Outreach group and keep website current with what is happening
- Post Airedale pictures and descriptions
- Social Media Outreach
- Positive attitude
- Customer Service Oriented
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to work independently or as a team
- Strong writing skills (Preferred, not required)
- Requires intermediate to advanced computer skills and the ability to learn new software
- Respect for all Airedales and people
To apply for this position, please fill out this online job application.