Community Outreach to Promote ATRA
We are looking for people who would like to work with us on our Events Team to help organize ATRA Awareness and Visibility events. Generate the interest of donors, potential adopters, and future volunteers by representing ATRA at public events and ATRA's annual picnics, parades and fall and spring auction events.
Community Outreach Director and Volunteers
The Community Outreach Director will be responsible for executing the overall community outreach strategy that promotes ATRA's mission. You will be identifing new and worthwhile fundraising events, as well as increasing the number and quality of the events. We need someone to plan, arrange and assist with upcoming fundraisers and events, making sure they run smoothly and for larger events notifying local radio stations and television stations. Motivating, overseeing, engaging and retaining Event and Fundraising volunteers is very important. Since volunteers are remote communication will be through email, phone calls and monthly fundraising meetings. The position will report directly to the ATRA Board.
We are looking for Event and Fundraising volunteers who will help oversee daily emails and fundraising requests and work with the Community Outreach Director to decide which events that will be held in your area. We are looking for someone that is on email daily and able to respond in a timely manner. This person also needs to be able to attend events and help plan and promote them.
As a volunteer, you will act as an ambassador for ATRA. Duties include educating the community on services and programs offered at ATRA, passing out literature & ATRA publications, answering Airedale related questions, soliciting donations, organizing & working fundraisers and ensuring the community knows about ATRA. Participate in Outreach Events such as street fairs, festival booths, fundraising events, parades, Adoption Showcases, etc.
- Ensuring the community knows about ATRA
- Cultivate and maintain donors and prospective donors.
- Work with the Board of Directors to develop, implement, and oversee fundraising projects (i.e., special events, grant-writing, funding requests, direct solicitations, etc.);
- Participate in writing and in grant development.
- Participate events such as street fairs, festival booths, fundraising events, parades, Adoption Showcases, etc.
- Act as ambassadors to ATRA
- Organize & work fundraisers
- Solicit donations
- Educate the community on Airedales and ATRA
- Pass out ATRA literature & publications
- Attend Monthly Outreach meetings
- Must be 18+
- Ability to work courteously and cooperatively with all members of ATRA and the public
- Work as a team player, supporting the overall goals of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills - outgoing, patient, professional, and able to get along well with a variety of people
- Access to Internet at least 1-2 times a day
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under sometimes tight deadlines
- Maturity, good judgement and a professional personal appearance
- Ability to show compassion and empathize
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and office
- Familiar with using mail software
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal direction at times
- Well organized
- Respect for all people and animals